Genie ACSCTG Type 1 Garage Door Opener Remote Control (GIT-1 / G2T-1)
IF YOUR REMOTE LOOKS LIKE THIS, IT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED.
The Genie ACSCTG Type 1 Garage Door Opener Remote Controls were manufactured from 2005 to 2011 but were discontinued when The Genie Company redesigned their product line. The ACSCTG Type 1 Remote may be replaced by any of the new remotes that are currently made by Genie. If you have any questions, please call us at 1-888-519-2391
Genie ACSCTG Type 1 Remote Programming Instructions.
- Locate the Learn Code Button and RED Learn Indicator Light on your Garage Door Opener Power Head. This is always located above where the Antenna wire goes into the machine. On some openers, you may need to remove the Light Lens Cover to access the Learn Code Button.
- Press and Release the Learn Code Button. The RED Learn indicator light will begin to blink.
- Immediately Press the ACSCTG Type 1 Remote Control Button One Time. The RED Learn Indicator light will go Solid.
- Immediately Press the Remote Button again. The RED Learn Indicator light will turn off
- Press the remote control button again. The garage door should operate.
- The Remote is now programmed.
Note: the Genie Intellicode ACSCTG Type 1 remote will not work to close the garage door if the safety sensors at the bottom of the door are not properly aligned or if they are not working.